Totally bored, this is how I describe today. I was in this new place for an important work assignment, instead I was asked to wait the entire day. In a total of 8 hours, I hardly did something useful for 2 hours, that is, getting to know people around me and having lunch. So I am going to tip you all about how to kill time in a perfectly professional manner. FYI this place I was waiting was an industry, highly renowned and silent. So I had to choose a way to kill time and also not to look like a jerk.
Right, it’s time to learn something new:
- Read When you are waiting in the reception lounge of an organisation, scan for the stack of newspapers, magazines and brochures kept. I don’t suggest using mobile phones to read, it may portray you as rude sometimes. Use the other reading materials around you. Reading in the mobile phone applications also cause you eye problems. If you are waiting for an interview grab the Brochures kept and know their products and service, if you are upto presenting a pitch, skim through the newspaper and update yourself with recent related news. It might help you during the discussion. If you are waiting to meet a person then go with the magazines lying there. Those are just to kill time.
I don’t suggest using mobile phones to read, it may portray you as rude sometimes. Use the other reading material around you. Reading through mobile phone applications also cause you eye problems. This is rudeness + problems.
- Smile Create a good impressions, even if you are waiting in an hospital waiting area. Smile at the person sitting next to you. Your little act of kindness or the small talk may mean something to them. Smiling gives you confidence and a more approachable look. Waiting bored is better to be introduced to the person next to you.
- Solve Puzzles If your waiting seem to continue for more than an hour, you can solve the sudoku or crossword puzzles in the newspaper. That might help you to relax. Again here, rather playing a game in mobile do the crossword puzzle which will help you to observe the surrounding while killing time.
- Observe You do not where or what kind of surrounding you are in. So observe, the way people talk, the working environment, the cleanliness, how visitors are treated and etc. This might help you to asses the person you are going to talk to.
- Walk Around This is the best way to kill time if you are waiting in an airport. Walk around before you enter security check and gate terminal. I suggest not to eat when bored. Eating while waiting or bored will not only make you obese but also depress you. Take short walk so it is a constant exercise and relieving.
I suggest not to eat when bored. Eating while waiting or bored will not only make you obese but also depress you.
Finally if you have a good internet connectivity, Update your Blog!!!. Write what you feel and what you want the world to feel.